MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Experience in quantitative-based strategic workforce planning or workforce analytics requiring teamwork, cross-team collaboration, relationship-building and customer service.
2. High proficiency with MS software applications (Excel advanced formulas, Word and PowerPoint) and applying information analytics in a human capital setting.
3. Ability creating workforce profiles/projections based on trends and assumptions of workforce composition.
4. Experience in roles requiring an ability to clearly communicate complex information and analysis through conversation, correspondence, meetings, reports and briefings to a non-technical audience.
5. Ability to analyze processes/issues; aptitude for data collection/transformations, numbers and attention to detail.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Experience in the following areas is desired: statistical analysis, economic modeling and forecasting, data visualization, assessment or survey design, predictive analysis, human capital measurement concepts/principles.
2. Experience with MS Access or other relational databases, SPSS or other statistical analysis software, PeopleSoft, Cognos.
3. Experience in any of the following is also valued: strategic planning, manpower management background; knowledge of NGA organization and Intelligence Community, understanding of POM/budget process, financial analysis, compensation analysis, macro or Visual Basic programming.
4. Ability to respond professionally in high pressure situations.
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants are NOT required to submit a cover letter. The entire cover letter CANNOT exceed the specified limits provided in the Cover Letter field (6,500 characters). Pages exceeding this limit will not be considered. THE COVER LETTER IS RECOMMENDED BUT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION WITH THE NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL-INTELLIGENCE AGENCY. Applicants should place their narrative information in the appropriate field on the Job History and Cover Letter Text Page.
APPLICANT EVALUATION PROCESS: Applicants will be evaluated for this job opportunity in three stages, 1) All applicants will be evaluated using the Mandatory Qualification Criteria, 2) Qualified applicants will then be evaluated by an expert or panel of experts using a combination of qualification criteria to determine the best-qualified candidates, 3) Best-qualified applicants may then be further evaluated through an interview process. Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the Assignment Description, Additional Information Provided By the Selecting Official, and the Qualification Requirements; and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. This description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the performed work. Applicants are encouraged to provide any education information referenced in the announcement. If education is listed as a mandatory requirement, only degrees obtained from an institution accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the Secretary, US Department of Education will be accepted. In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
NGA active duty military service members or reservists on active duty who are assigned to an NGA billet may apply for NGA-wide AONs if they are within 120 calendar days of retirement or separating from active duty or within 60 calendar days of terminal/transition leave start date. Reservists must be on active duty orders for at least 12 months and within four months (120 calendar days) of completing orders.
All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.