Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.
DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
- Secure and facilitate trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. regulations, including immigration and drug laws
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
Who May Apply:
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Administration, National Finance Center, located in Indianapolis, IN.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this vacancy announcement.
- Analyzing accounting transactions in terms of their effect on the assets, liabilities, and equities of the agency;
- Assisting in or determining the legality and propriety of payments made by the National Finance Center;
- Working with technicians in the selection of proper accounts for recording the various kinds of transactions and assuring the proper documentation of all transactions and the proper entry of each type of transaction in the accounts;
- Explaining established accounting data and/or requirements; and
- Reviewing existing financial systems for compliance and translating financial management principles and practices to users.