Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
Specialized Experience: Must have 18 months experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely in the resume'.
1. Ability to inspect the full range of equipment at remote worksites in support of field organizations, field units during field exercise training periods, or before major pieces of equipment are sent for repair to a supporting maintenance facility.
2. Ability to apply a wide variety of complex inspection techniques to examine a variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment (i.e., combat, tactical, etc.) and automotive vehicles (i.e., attack tanks, large cranes, tank retrievers, fire trucks, bridge transporters, armored vehicle launched bridges, bulldozers, road graders, crawler tractors, power shovels, self propelled earth compacting equipment, self propelled artillery, etc.); that may include inspection of heavy artillery, small arms, powered support and other equipment or components of equal or lesser complexity.
3. Ability to inspect complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
4. Ability to operate a large variety of test equipment, some of which is specially designed to test complex interrelated mechanical/electrical/ hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
5. Ability to use specially designed testing methods and test equipment such as computerized test sets, precision gauges, electronic sensors, injector test stands, engine scopes, etc., to assure that tolerance and safety factors have been met.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Supply Clerk and Technician positions.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E8 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENLISTED: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass an operator's test for forklift equipment up to 10,000 lbs. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.