CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Operations Group, East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide ground and airborne navigation instruction to assigned navigators, perform as an aircrew navigator during flying missions, and to function as a staff specialist responsible for the management, monitoring and implementation of a specific unit program required by Air Force, Major Command, and ANG regulations.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide navigation expertise in training and certifying proficiency of unit assigned navigators in heavy, multi-engine aircraft in the following areas: selecting the most advantageous route, plotting the route of flight and preparing navigational charts and flight plans taking into account distance, method of navigation, altitudes, weather, and terrain.
- Trains and evaluates proficiency and competency of aircrew in weapons and tactics.
- Designs and coordinates comprehensive training plans and scenarios to provide realistic technical aircrew training.
- Plans, develops and implements the unit flying schedule using inputs from within the air operations division.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability