Job Title:Supervisory Management Analyst
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:U.S. Marshals Service
Job Announcement Number:CK1157421TW
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, July 24, 2014 to
Thursday, October 9, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
This position is located in the Information Technology Division (ITD), United States Marshals Service (USMS) in Arlington, VA.
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Management Analyst responsible for ITD investment portfolio management, budget, human resources, procurement, and property management. The incumbent is responsible for developing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with IT plans and policies, and advising IT management on ways to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 - 5 nights per month
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Must pass a pre-employment security investigation and drug screening.
- A one year trial/probationary period may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Minimum Qualifications: Must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade
level managing a team that is responsible for the generation and maintenance of
an annual budgetary work plan, overseeing contract administration to ensure
goods and services are delivered in accordance with the terms and conditions of
the contract and that bills are promptly paid, interfacing with departmental
contacts to ensure that investment information utilized is accurate, current,
and maintained in the correct format, oversees property management activities,
and providing technical or policy advice and guidance for work accomplishment.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to manage a wide variety of analytical assignments that impact budget,
human resources, procurement, and property management.
- Ability to supervise a subordinate staff.
- Knowledge of budgetary and financial management principles.
- Ability to research, interpret, and analyze information to develop and report
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.