Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
You will be working in the Department of Medicine, Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas. Please visit:
Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of
340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the
outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round
outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist, you will:
- Treat patients with suspected or diagnosed Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Perform neuropsychological assessments to establish pscychological and neuropsychological diagnoses.
- Administer neuropsychological tests.
- Interpret advanced neuropsychological testing to assess the patient's cognitive, psycho educational, emotional, neurobehavioral, personality, and neuropsychological functioning.
- Provide psychological therapy to improve functioning of patients with Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.