Job Title: Education RecruiterJob Announcement Number: CV-14-PQ1161944(DEU)
Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, July 11, 2014 to
Saturday, August 9, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
The Bureau of Indian Education's (BIE) mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with a tribe's needs for cultural and economic well-being, in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities. Further, the BIE is to manifest consideration of the whole person by taking into account the spiritual, mental, physical, and cultural aspects of the individual within his or her family or village context. We will accomplish this through the delivery of quality services and by maintaining government-to-government relationships within the spirit of Indian self-determination.
The Education Recruiter works for the Director - Bureau of Indian Education and will be the focal point for recruitment outreach for teachers and principals for the Bureau. The position will establish a recruitment strategy to attract the best and highly qualified candidates to work in the BIE-operated schools across the nation.
This position is being advertised concurrently with CV-14-PQ1161683(MP) using Merit Promotion procedures. Status applicants who wish to be considered under both merit promotion and competitive examining procedures must apply directly to each announcement.
Whom May Apply:
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship required
- This position is subject to a pre-employment background investigation
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
- Eligibility Documentation Required (BIA Form 4432, SF-50, DD-214, etc.)
DUTIES:Back to top
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops procedures to analyze current workforce requirementsat the BIE-operated schools.
- Coordinates the development of a workforce plan.
- Develops contacts with professional organizations.
- Develops recruitment tools, brochures, pamphlets, web-based information to attract candidates to positions within the
BIE-operated schools. Develops a marketing strategy to improve organization attractiveness.
- Utilizes social media to get the marketing message out tointerested parties, through working with the Public Affairs
Office for Indian Affairs.
- Works in concert with the Human Resources Office to identify candidates for vacant positions within the BIE-operated schools.
- Attends job fairs andother events.
- Develops oral and written presentations for the BIE Education Recruitment program
- Develops an exit survey to identify trends and potential issues
- Assembles and coordinates materials for use by the Directo rat meetings and prepares reports on issues or trends within the BIE-operated schools related to recruitment and retention.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, candidates must have one full year of experience performing ALL of the following responsibilities:
Experience analyzing current workforce needs, and developing a workforce plan for educators and professional staff positions; experience developing marketing and recruitment strategies and tools to attract candidates to positions; experience developing working relationships with colleges, universities, professional organizations and veterans groups to attract educators; experience developing and making presentations and briefings to a wide variety of individuals.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Category Rating will be used in the ranking and selection process for this position. The categories are Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Veterans' preference rules for category rating will be applied. Qualified applicants will be rated based on their possession of the knowledge and experience requirements below:
· Knowledge of workforce planning
· Knowledge and skill in developing marketing strategies
· Skill in written communication
· Skill in oral communication
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package will be evaluated against the minimum qualification requirements specified above. In order to qualify, your resume must specifically describe your work history and the duties you performed for each position.
Qualified Indian preference candidates will be referred to the hiring manager in order of veterans' preference.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must apply to this position via the USAJOBS website. If you do not already have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one.
- Click APPLY ONLINE to the right.
- Follow the instuctions on USAJOBS to submit your resume.
- Complete the online questionniare.
- Upload any additional required documents.
We strongly recommend you uploading your documents electronically. However, if you are unable to upload supporting documents:
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1161944.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Saturday, August 09, 2014.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS RECEIVED
You may verify receipt of your application and any faxed or uploaded documents at any time:
- Log in to your USAJOBS account.
- Click the "Application Status" link.
- Locate this vacancy and click the "more information" link.
- You will be displayed the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence we have sent you. NOTE: Your faxed documents may take a day or two to display.
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume showing detailed work experience
- On-line Assessment Questionnaire, click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
- Transcripts (if using education to qualify)
- Veterans Preference Documentation (if claiming veterans preference) VA letter on VA letterhead that states your overall combined rating, SF-15, DD-214 (copy 4) that indicates an honorable discharge.
- BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference), link: http://www.bia.gov/DocumentLibrary/index.htm
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM Eastern Time (Washington, DC time) ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package BEFORE you submit it.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you have properly submitted your online questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation message. You may want to check the spam folder from your email provider to ensure you receive your messages.