The Bureau of Indian Education's (BIE) mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with a tribe's needs for cultural and economic well-being, in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities. Further, the BIE is to manifest consideration of the whole person by taking into account the spiritual, mental, physical, and cultural aspects of the individual within his or her family or village context. We will accomplish this through the delivery of quality services and by maintaining government-to-government relationships within the spirit of Indian self-determination.
The Education Recruiter works for the Director - Bureau of Indian Education and will be the focal point for recruitment outreach for teachers and principals for the Bureau. The position will establish a recruitment strategy to attract the best and highly qualified candidates to work in the BIE-operated schools across the nation.
This position is being advertised concurrently with CV-14-PQ1161683(MP) using Merit Promotion procedures. Status applicants who wish to be considered under both merit promotion and competitive examining procedures must apply directly to each announcement.
Whom May Apply:
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops procedures to analyze current workforce requirementsat the BIE-operated schools.
- Coordinates the development of a workforce plan.
- Develops contacts with professional organizations.
- Develops recruitment tools, brochures, pamphlets, web-based information to attract candidates to positions within the
BIE-operated schools. Develops a marketing strategy to improve organization attractiveness.
- Utilizes social media to get the marketing message out tointerested parties, through working with the Public Affairs
Office for Indian Affairs.
- Works in concert with the Human Resources Office to identify candidates for vacant positions within the BIE-operated schools.
- Attends job fairs andother events.
- Develops oral and written presentations for the BIE Education Recruitment program
- Develops an exit survey to identify trends and potential issues
- Assembles and coordinates materials for use by the Directo rat meetings and prepares reports on issues or trends within the BIE-operated schools related to recruitment and retention.