Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position will be located at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Sleep Lab in Ft. Hood, TX.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Fort Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 50 miles south of Waco. Because of the weather, outdoor recreation is available much of the year. Two lakes are only 15 minutes away. Affordable urban and suburban housing is readily available. Local colleges provide higher educational opportunities. The area is home to many churches, shopping centers, recreational facilities and fine restaurants. For more info, visit pao.hood.army.mil.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, you will:
- Screen and interview patients and perform bio-psychological social evaluations.
- Conduct therapy; monitor, approve, and document all treatment planning; and provide advice for case staffing.
- Apply behavioral therapy techniques for the treatment of insomnia to include biofeedback/relaxation techniques.
- Perform a wide variety of quality management/quality assurance (QM/QA) duties to meet Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate and approve use of community resources.