Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is for a Clinical Psychologist located in the Warrior Resiliency Program (WRP), Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The WRP operates a Tele-Behavioral Health (TBH) Clinic while also providing Behavioral Health (BH) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to the commander and staff of the Southern Regional Medical Command (SRMC). BH services will be provided via a video-teleconferencing medium as well as face-to face.
- Management prefers candidates with tele-behavioral health experience.
- Fort Sam Houston is located in beautiful San Antonio, TX with a warm climate, close proximity to beaches, and a population of approximately 1 million people. Additionally, there are many surrounding smaller towns within a 30 mile radius including Universal City, Converse, Kirby, Shertz, and Cibolo. For those who prefer country living, ranches and property can be easily found in the big and beautiful State of Texas.
- Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), located at Fort Sam Houston, TX is a modern, state-of-the-art 450-bed health care facility that provides level-one trauma and graduate medical education. The physical appearance and efficiency of space throughout the hospital creates a user-friendly, high quality healthcare environment for patients, their families, and health care providers. Fort Sam Houston is located in San Antonio, the second largest metropolitan area in Texas with a warm climate and close proximity to beaches.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at Ft. Sam Houston you will:
- Evaluate the full range of complex psychological disorders, involving severely injured service members via video tele-conferencing and in person.
- Plan, implement, manage, and provide psychotherapeutic services to patients representing a wide array of psychopathology, including personality disorders, pain disorders, and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) via video tele-conferencing and in person.
- Design and implement programs to prevent, detect, and aggressively treat mental health problems, including PTSD, depression, suicide, and other disorders via video tele-conferencing and in person.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 20% Business Travel is required.