Job Title: Clinical PsychologistJob Announcement Number: NCMD149882461164249D
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, July 14, 2014 to
Monday, July 28, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Sam Houston, TX View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is for a Clinical Psychologist located in the Warrior Resiliency Program (WRP), Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The WRP operates a Tele-Behavioral Health (TBH) Clinic while also providing Behavioral Health (BH) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to the commander and staff of the Southern Regional Medical Command (SRMC). BH services will be provided via a video-teleconferencing medium as well as face-to face.
- Management prefers candidates with tele-behavioral health experience.
- Fort Sam Houston is located in beautiful San Antonio, TX with a warm climate, close proximity to beaches, and a population of approximately 1 million people. Additionally, there are many surrounding smaller towns within a 30 mile radius including Universal City, Converse, Kirby, Shertz, and Cibolo. For those who prefer country living, ranches and property can be easily found in the big and beautiful State of Texas.
- Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), located at Fort Sam Houston, TX is a modern, state-of-the-art 450-bed health care facility that provides level-one trauma and graduate medical education. The physical appearance and efficiency of space throughout the hospital creates a user-friendly, high quality healthcare environment for patients, their families, and health care providers. Fort Sam Houston is located in San Antonio, the second largest metropolitan area in Texas with a warm climate and close proximity to beaches.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 20% Business Travel is required.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Work schedule will require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist at Ft. Sam Houston you will:
- Evaluate the full range of complex psychological disorders, involving severely injured service members via video tele-conferencing and in person.
- Plan, implement, manage, and provide psychotherapeutic services to patients representing a wide array of psychopathology, including personality disorders, pain disorders, and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) via video tele-conferencing and in person.
- Design and implement programs to prevent, detect, and aggressively treat mental health problems, including PTSD, depression, suicide, and other disorders via video tele-conferencing and in person.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree: Successful completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
- Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: diagnosing and/or treating patients with issues related to psychological disorders such as, depression, anxiety disorders, or psychotic disorders via a video-teleconferencing medium, treating patients with post-traumatic stress disorder, and conducting classes regarding subjects such as suicide prevention, post-traumatic stress disorder, stress management, or mental status evaluation. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Licensure: This position requires a current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in providing consultative services.
- Knowledge of tele-behavioral health technology.
- Ability to provide therapy to patients.
- Ability to evaluate patients.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.