Job Title:Resource Manager
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
Job Announcement Number:CT-14-119 (1164156)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, July 10, 2014 to
Friday, August 8, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Hartford, CT View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|AREA I ONLY|
CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: Construction and Facilities Management Office (CFMO), Hartford, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide management and financial administration of programs under the control of the CFMO Supervisor.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
DUTIES:Back to top
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a principal advisor to the CFMO Supervisor regarding resource management.
- Oversees and performs program analysis, including planning, programming, budgeting, funds allocation, procurement, accounts management, internal controls, and reporting.
- Provides expert guidance in the development and preparation of budget submissions, execution and closeout.
- Analyzes and interprets historical information and determines cost factors for negotiated agreements.
- Administers, plans, coordinates, and directs the activities of subordinate personnel. These individuals may be on various types of employment status such as Technician, AGR, or state employees.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience in administrative, professional, technical, investigative, financial or other responsible work requiring analyzing problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively orally and in writing. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 36 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience which includes a comprehensive knowledge of planning, programming, budgeting, and executing regulations, guidelines, and processes.
- Experience in applying analytical reasoning in the identification, analysis, and evaluation of budgetary problems and developing alternative solutions.
- Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed.
- Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months experience. Each 30 semester hours credited must have included at least six semester hours in courses which are directly related to the type of work of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A comprehensive knowledge of planning, programming, budgeting, and executing regulations (DOD, DA, NGB, state, local and other federal), guidelines, and processes.
- A thorough knowledge of execution of national, regional and state programs to ensure statutes are adhered to and goals are met.
- A comprehensive knowledge of national, regional and state goals, objectives, and priorities to ensure mission accomplishment.
- A comprehensive knowledge of budgeting and program methods and procedures to execute multiple program budgets.
- A comprehensive knowledge and skill in the identification, analysis, and resolution of a range of budgetary problems associated with program execution. Funds and goals are subject to changing demands that require reprogramming throughout the fiscal year.
- Ability to apply analytical reasoning in the identification, analysis, and evaluation of budgetary problems for the development of alternative solutions, involving resolution of conflicting goals and objectives (e.g., increased workload coupled with decreased funding), in order to administer programs efficiently and effectively and to develop recommendations for improvement.
- A thorough knowledge of the format and composition of financial documentation to support all budget processes to include use of GFEBS.
- A thorough knowledge of the authorization and appropriation public laws governing the multiple national, regional and state programs.
- Knowledge of state and Federal accounting systems in order to appropriately administer national, regional and state CFMO programs.
- A working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to effectively execute national, regional and state programs.
- Knowledge of present and future CFMO force structure.
- A working knowledge of automation and various applicable software programs.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of Branch/AOC. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technician school training.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to application): Officer: O-1 through O-3; Warrant Officer: WO1 through CW4; Enlisted E-6 through E-9
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: OBR: 01A; WOBR: 011A; ENL 00F
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: Any unit within the state
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please ensure you follow all instructions carefully. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicant must ensure resume and any other required supporting documentation clearly portrays that s/he meets the required experience level for the position. Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing you experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.