CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Force Support Squadron, East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose is to assist a higher graded specialist in researching/studying/analyzing and administering all aspects of the assigned function(s). Performs duties in one or more program areas as described below. Incumbent identifies the scope or nature of a situation and determines the need for and obtains additional information through research of pertinent records, identifying trends and patterns, and/or review of technical reference material in order to resolve problems or controversies pertaining to human resources matters.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2331 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical assistance to all reporting officials.
- Ensures accuracy of information input in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and the Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS).
- Authenticates prior and non-prior service enlistments, and prepares and processes enlistment and appointment documents.
- Performs personnel relocation actions pertaining to voluntary and involuntary reassignments, separations, retirements, conditional release programs, separations based upon Medical Evaluation Board/disability separations and retirements, Stop Loss waiver requests, Selective Retention separations, and inter and intra service transfers.
- Provides input in development of plans for administration of contingencies and mobilization, maintaining accountability for all assigned deployed personnel, and Partial Mobilization (PM) management of activation orders in the event of Presidential Reserve Call Up (PRC), and in coordinating with wing Plans Office to support all unit deployments and wartime tasking.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability