CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Civil Engineer Squadron (CES), East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide supervisory and technical assistance to the ASUS Base Architect/Engineer in overseeing and managing the engineering shops and production control function. Provides technical support to all assigned sections. Provides guidance to these sections on standard and code requirements. Develops engineered solutions to technical problems, which are incapable of being resolved by subordinates. Typical problems require the need to perform extensive mathematical and technical calculations in engineering to include civil, mechanical, electrical, or general engineering as well as architecture.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the acquisition, construction, maintenance, repair, and operating of real property facilities, and provides related management, engineering, and other support work.
- Exercises authority in planning, directing, controlling and coordinating architectural or engineering activities.
- Utilizes program and planning documents in determining real property facility requirements for programmed units and activities within the installation.
- Represents the ASUS Base Architect/Engineer at meetings and conferences with HQ ANG and intermediate command staff, Commanders and staff representatives of tenant organizations, Division and District Engineer representatives of the Corps of Engineers and Naval Facilities Engineering Command, metropolitan airports commission staff; FAA, Veterans Administration, highway department representatives; Federal, states, and city Environmental Protection Agency representatives
- Determines operational trends and forecasts requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability