Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Camp Humphreys is located about 35 miles south of Seoul, just to the southeast of Asan Bay. Camp Humphreys is one of Korea's fastest growing Army installations. It is the headquarters location for support of Eight United States Army and United States Forces Korea units south of Seoul and north of Taejon that includes units at Wonju (Camp Long & Camp Eagle), North East of Camp Humphreys. By 2012 Camp Humphreys will be the new home to United States Forces Korea. The installation covers an area about one mile wide and two miles long.
Candidates initially selected from the US may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits such as Living Quarters Allowance and Post Allowance. Living Quarters allowance covers most of the cost of living. Post Allowance is a cost-of-living allowance granted to employees stationed at a post in a foreign area.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is three years.
- Selectees recruited outside of the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR), DODI 1400.25 dated 26 July 2012.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at Camp Humphreys, South Korea, you will:
- Perform bio-psychological social evaluation utilizing principles and practices of psychological counseling.
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to restore and rehabilitate patients with personal, emotional, and/or mental illnesses.
- Determine the appropriate psychological test that will be administered to the patient.
- Monitor all psychological test administration for quality assurance.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Business Travel is required.