CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: Combined Support Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Camp Hartell, Windsor Locks, CT
JOB SUMMARY: Its purpose is to provide storage and distribution, cataloging or supply identification systems, property utilization, or other related supply activities including those associated with automated or manual supply accounting systems.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine and nonroutine material coordination duties for special programs, maintenance, or production shops.
- Responsible for local management of decentralized and decontrolled items which requires technical intervention to assure effective supply support and economy.
- Plans requirements, both quantitative and monetary, to satisfy customer needs.
- Responsible for limited aspects of storage management.
- May develop and install local procedures and techniques to achieve and maintain smooth, effective, and coordination storage operations.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability