About the Agency
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is an independent regulatory agency with exclusive jurisdiction for the administration, interpretation, and civil enforcement of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, as amended. The FECA requires disclosure of campaign finance contributions and expenditures by candidates for Federal office and committees supporting those candidates, and imposes limitations on the amount and sources of such contributions. The FEC also administers the Federal programs that provide public funding to qualified candidates for Presidential elections.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Windows Systems Administrator) you will:
- Plan and coordinate the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 R2, & 2012 R2 Application, Database, and Network Servers.
- Manage agency Active Directory infrastructure.
- Manage Active Directory accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment using least privileges and delegation best practices.
- Monitor the performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability of systems.
- Create and maintain systems standard operating procedures.
- Recommend and implement agency-wide systems security controls following NIST, OMB, and FISMA standards.
- Monitor systems/applications and create custom alerts using COTs alerting/monitoring software
- Capable of resolving complex hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Responsible for Windows server patch management using native and COTs applications.
- Collaborate with vendors, contracting officer representatives, and others to achieve project goals.
- Analyze, recommend, and define network solutions that improve efficiency and security of the agency.
- Configure and optimize network servers, routers, and switches performance and latency.
- Manage and configure VLANs natively or through network access control (NAC) system.
- Analyze server and network performance and i/o workload.
- Perform and manage network backups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.