To qualify for GS-13, applicants must possess one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the normal line of progression in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years experience of demonstrated high level experience in Microsoft Windows systems administration and network/LAN management must be addressed in resume.
Bachelor's Degree: Desired, but not a requirement at this level.
Microsoft Windows System Administrator certification.
Applicants must possess the following Selective Placement Factors to receive consideration for this position and must fully address this in their resume or cover letter.
- Windows Certificate Services; Management of Windows PKI environment
- Experience with interpreting and applying Federal security; FISMA, NIST, and OMB; Windows STIGs following DISA and NIST guidelines
- Architect, configure, manage and troubleshoot Active Directory Forest and Domain
- Management of Windows network including DNS, DHCP, File and Print, Clustering, and Active Directory
- Analyze Windows and network log files to troubleshoot or track various issues.
- Proven ability with the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and managing ESXi and VMWare vSphere 5.5
- Active Directory Group Policy Management Windows 8, 8.1, and server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- Knowledge of Sharepoint 2013
- Knowledge of SQL 2008 and 2012
- Powershell scripting to automate system processes and functions
- MCSA and MCSE 2003, 2008, or 2012 Certification
The following skills or knowledge in addition to the mandatory requirements, as substantiated in their resume, will be considered a plus in evaluating candidates:
- Knowledge of HP server hardware server, blade chassis, and blade management; SAN management
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows Networking, forensic tools (sniffers, forensic analyzers, log collectors and parsers, port scanners, etc).
- Knowledge of and experience with the management of Network Attached Storage.
- Knowledge of and experience with Netbackup.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing backup policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Quest Intrust log collection and custom alerting.
- Knowledge of BMC Bladelogic Server Automation.
In addition, all applicants qualifying based on experience must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. Applicants must demonstrate possession of these competencies within the body of the resume; no separate statements addressing them are required.
Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - expresses information (e.g. ideas, facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g. technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be reviewed and evaluated first for minimum qualifications. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, your application will be further reviewed and rated to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement. Qualification and experience determinations will be based only on the information supplied by the applicant. Only those applicants found to be among the best qualified may be contacted for further assessment, such as interviews and consideration by the selecting official.
Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used:
Best Qualified (99 - Above)
Well Qualified (98 -89)
Qualified (88 - Below)
Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire