About the Agency
NSF has the advantages of a small agency environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and opportunities to contribute to major agency-wide projects. Consistently ranked by its employees as one of the top federal agencies in managing its workforce, NSF maintains a creative, flexible, and collegial atmosphere and is respected in both the federal and scientific arenas for its work in promoting science, technology, education and management best practices. Join our team at one of the best places to work in the federal government and use your knowledge and imagination to keep NSF at the frontier of discovery!
More about NSF.
This position is located in Office of Budget, Finance, and Award Management, Division of Acquisition & Cooperative Support (DACS), Cooperative Support Branch (CSB). CSB is responsible for providing comprehensive cooperative agreement award leadership, solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of NSF's complex cooperative agreements for the agency's research facilities, as well as construction and operation of new facilities. DACS is also responsible for overseeing NSF procurement systems, contracts policy, processes and guidance, as well as FAR-based contracts.
The Grants & Agreements Specialist is a senior level specialist responsible for planning, advising upon, and managing a series of complex cooperative agreements in support of highly complex research facilities, construction, Federally Funded Research & Development Centers and large facility operations and maintenance.
The duties of the position include the following:
- Negotiating, drafting, and finalizing cooperative agreements and other complex award instruments.
- Reviewing and approving subcontracts and other sub-agreements.
- Assisting senior administrative and scientific staff in the negotiation, review, evaluation, monitoring and oversight of NSF's Major Research Equipment & Facilities Construction (MREFC)programs.
- Administering and closing-out complex cooperative agreements and related awards.
- Explaining, interpreting and applying complex cooperative agreement concepts and terms.
- Analyzing and reporting on awardee business systems used to administer large complex cooperative agreements.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.