To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), Technical Qualifications, and other qualifications, if applicable, listed below.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Knowledge and ability to direct the operations of a nationwide Office of Inspector General audit program, including establishing efficient and effective organizations with clearly defined responsibility, authority, and accountability; managing human resources to recruit and develop staff to perform at a high level of competence; and measuring and improving organization performance.
2. Possesses and applies broad knowledge of Federal finance and operations for the purpose of developing risk-based audit plans and oversight approach and for conducting highly complex reviews, evaluations, and performance audits of diverse, geographically dispersed programs and operations.
3. Demonstrated experience in managing audit teams that perform a full range of highly complex audit, evaluation and review work. Such work routinely involves program operations, system development implementations, and program financial administration.
4. Expert knowledge in leading the development of high-quality work products (e.g, audit reports, testimony, correspondence, briefings) that are in conformance with government audit standards, procedures and accounting principles; are submitted timely; and are complete, accurate, well-written, and responsive to the goals and objectives/priorities of the Inspector General, the Department, Congress, and the public.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must meet one of the following basic eligibility requirements in order to qualify for this position:
- A degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting; OR
- 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge with a background that also includes one of the following: (1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality; or (2) A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or (3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Education completed in foreign colleges and universities may be used if the institution has been accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education.
FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION PLEASE VISIT:
- A security clearance is required as a condition of employment.
- This position requires frequent travel.
- Annual filing of a Financial Disclosure Report is required.
- This position is subject to the DOE Drug Free Workplace Program. The selectee must test negative for the presence of illegal drugs before placement in the position, and will be subject to random drug testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel. Highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. Unless you have already been previously certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB), your Executive Core Qualifications must be certified by a QRB prior to appointment.
To preview questions please click here.