CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The position is responsible to operate a tool and parts room, used in a trades operation; determining, identifying and selecting for issue items described by users in terms of their intended usage; recommending possible substitutes and interchangeable items; determining work sequences, methods, procedures, and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations and determining when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair or calibration.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies users tools, parts and equipment requirements and requisitions stock as needed.
- Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records.
- Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks.
- Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies within funding limitations.
- Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability