CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the performance of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of assemblies, systems, and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft to include phase inspection, daily inspections, pre- and post-flight inspections and such special inspections as required, including fuel contamination checks, oil sampling, and inspection of onboard emergency equipment.
- Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft.
- Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft systems, assemblies, and surfaces.
- Diagnoses and identifies problem areas and determines the extent of repairs required.
- Conducts ground functional tests of all aircraft systems.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability