The Psychologist is assigned to the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic in Evansville, IN which is a direct report to the Outpatient Clinic Manager, and is assigned to the Behavioral Medicine Service (BMS).
Duties include but may not be limited to:
· Services include clinical assessment and treatment including individual, group or family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, advocacy, and coordination of linkages to other VA or community service providers/agencies as needed by the Veteran.
· Completes thorough psychosocial assessments and includes pertinent information in all the required areas of functioning in order to determine appropriate diagnoses and other treatment related conclusions.
· Provides a DSM diagnosis to determine the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and /or their families.
· Possesses a thorough knowledge in use of medical and mental health diagnosis, disabilities, and treatment procedures, including acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
· Maintains knowledge of Veteran's benefits and services, community resources, and process for making appropriate referrals to community and other governmental programs or agencies.