The Psychologist is assigned to the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic in Evansville, IN which is a direct report to the Outpatient Clinic Manager, and is assigned to the Behavioral Medicine Service (BMS).
Duties include but may not be limited to:
· Services include clinical assessment and treatment including individual, group or family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, advocacy, and coordination of linkages to other VA or community service providers/agencies as needed by the Veteran.
· Completes thorough psychosocial assessments and includes pertinent information in all the required areas of functioning in order to determine appropriate diagnoses and other treatment related conclusions.
· Provides a DSM diagnosis to determine the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and /or their families.
· Possesses a thorough knowledge in use of medical and mental health diagnosis, disabilities, and treatment procedures, including acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
· Maintains knowledge of Veteran's benefits and services, community resources, and process for making appropriate referrals to community and other governmental programs or agencies.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am 4:30 pm.
This position may require early mornings, evenings and/or weekends and holidays. Participation on the On Call rotation schedule to accommodate patient care needs during weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights is necessary.
This position is located in Behavioral Medicine Service.