Job Title:Deputy Regional Director- Trust Services, GS-0340-14/15
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:NRO 14/14
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$97,657.00 to $149,333.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, July 7, 2014 to Thursday, August 7, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Gallup, NM View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Indian Preference Eligible's / Current Federal Status Employee or Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indian, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 1079232
DEPUTY REGIONAL DIRECTOR - TRUST SERVICES, GS-0340-14/15
Posn.# 4000001, Office of the Regional Director
Office of the Deputy Regional Director - Trust Services, Navajo Region
Gallup, New Mexico
GS-14: $97,657 - $126,949 Per Annum
GS-15: $114,872 - $149,333 Per Annum
- This is a supervisory position.
- If this position is filled at a lower grade level, subsequent promotion to the next grade level will be processed without further competition under the Merit Promotion Program at such time as performance and qualification requirements are met and classification review discloses the duties being performed properly warrant classification to the next higher grade level.
- Government housing is not available
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible. Applicants not entitled to Indian Preference must a Federal civilian employee with competitive status or former Federal civilian employees with reinstatement eligibility and must submit latest Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50B, as proof.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel to relatively remote areas when visiting reservation.
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- A BACKGROUND SECURITY INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW HIRES.
- APPOINTMENT MAY INCLUDE A REQUIREMENT FOR ONE YEAR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE AND BY FAX TO (478) 757-3144