You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts called Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is our Strength.
This position is
located at the Neosho National Fish Hatchery, Neosho, Missouri. The Environmental
Education Specialist will enhance the mission of the Fisheries program through
conservation education through the utilization of education theories,
methodologies, and principles to plan, develop, conduct, implement, and
evaluate environmental education programs, curricula, and materials at the
field stations. The Environmental Education Specialist also administers
and provides technical guidance in diverse areas such as outreach planning,
information sharing, fishery conservation, and community outreach.
* Utilizes education theories, methodologies and principles to plan and implement environmental education programs, curricula, and materials.
* Prepares and conducts teacher training and orientation programs.
* Develops, coordinates, and presents on and off-site outreach programs for a variety of audiences.
* Drafts a variety of environmental education curricula and other educational products.
* Develops and implements a fisheries outreach program.
* Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with many different schools, groups, agencies, and individuals, including all levels of the local education community; school districts and university education programs personnel; and Federal, State, county and regional agencies; teachers and education leaders; public and private groups; businesses and corporations.
* Evaluates education and outreach programs and plans for a fisheries field station based upon accepted planning models that require identifying objectives, messages, stakeholders, target audiences, appropriate outreach tools and evaluation methods.
* Staffs information desk in visitor center and provides interpretive and orientation information to the public.
* Provides guidance and direction to outreach personnel, including interns, volunteer groups, and mentorship programs for youth.