Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Internal Medicine at Evans Army Community Hospital, Fort Carson, Colorado.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist in the Department of Internal Medicine, you will:
- Provide individual, couple, family, and/or group psychological counseling utilizing a variety of treatment modalities to adult patients.
- Evaluate patients' psychological test results to develop patient treatment plans.
- Utilize objective and measureable outcomes to evaluate treatment effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide psychological and/or clinical consultation with other professionals and paraprofessionals to develop patient treatment plans.
- Provide psychological treatment to behavioral health patients presenting with the most difficult and/or complex cases.