CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This is an indefinite position, not to exceed 30 September 2015
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS), East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to maintain, repair and modify heavy duty vehicles and mobile equipment, including, but not limited to, materiel handling, fire fighting and base maintenance and refueling systems.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs major repairs and maintenance on heavy mobile equipment and special purpose vehicles such as: fuel dispensing trucks, crash/structural fire equipment and pump trucks, large runway snow removal vehicles, sweepers, bulldozers, mobile cranes, road graders, heavy construction and earth moving vehicles, backhoes, power shovels, front end loaders and pans and trenchers.
- Diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and pressure gauges in order to determine the exact nature or extent of repairs or adjustments necessary to complete work.
- Performs body repair and corrosion control, refinishes and repaints surfaces as required.
- Prepares, maintains and submits applicable maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting, to include completing forms to reflect work performed or delayed and parts and maintenance required.
- Assists in review and updating maintenance technical orders, shop operating instructions, commercial publications, MAJCOM and local publications, as well as other pertinent directives.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability