CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: USPFO-Data Processing Center, Hartford, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to perform studies of new or modified computer applications, develop a plan to accomplish the needed work and to perform the required programming work.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and analyzes the business practices of serviced organizations to determine those practices that could be significantly enhanced by the modification of existing or the development of new automated systems.
- Receives and evaluates requests for data processing projects.
- Works closely with customers to determine required functional requirements and to translate functional requirements into design specifications.
- Recommends improvements to current applications.
- Integrates multiple operating systems and coordinates between functional areas that necessitates unusual coordination and organization requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability.