About the Agency
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be an actual vacancy at the time you submit your application.
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
• A one year probationary period will be required under the Direct Hire Authority unless you are a current Department of Commerce Employee and are in the same line of work and with no more than a 30 day break in service.
• Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
• CTAP/ICTAP applicants must identify themselves by placing "CTAP/ICTAP" in the subject line of the email when they apply.
This position is located in the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), a corporate staff office of the Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). AGO acquires products and services and awards the financial assistance necessary to meet the mission and goals of NOAA. Through the award of contracts and grants, AGO administers more than half the NOAA outlay each year. AGO plans, designs and coordinates acquisition and grants standards, practices, and procedures for all NOAA offices and their subordinate entities. It provides program direction and guidance to the NOAA headquarters and field procurement and grants organizations. AGO awards and administers all NOAA acquisition and financial assistance transactions and it provides acquisition and financial assistance services to DOC operating units and services other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. The Salary listed is BASE salary only and does NOT include locality. Please visit: OPM Salary Charts for specific salary information related to a specific location. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2014/general-schedule/
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the Senior Contracting Officer on a broad range of complex, high dollar value acquisitions for products and services necessary to meet the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) mission requirements.
- Act as a principal representative of NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office to customers within NOAA;
- Review, coordinate, modify, and maintain responsibility for work deliverables assigned to other Contract Specialists;
- Make presentations, conduct training, and consult with program managers and end users across NOAA and DOC;
- Conduct negotiations and meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or controversial issues as an authorized contractual representative and
- Advise senior level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encountered and proposed solutions to program difficulties.