About the Agency
You will serve as Staff Assistant to the Director of the Office of Freight Management and Operations and provide administrative and secretarial support for the Office Director and the Office's service-oriented Teams. As staff assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Office Director in ensuring the work of the Office and Teams is coordinated, deadlines are met, and the finished products reflect established standards and appropriate clearances. You will also work on a wide variety of special projects for the Office Director.
The ideal candidate for this position is experienced and has extensive knowledge and experience in procurement administration, records and information management, and other administrative functions (e.g. setting up meetings, arrange travel, distribute information, route actions, refer calls, etc.).
The Staff Assistant (OA):
- Provides administrative assistance to the Office of Freight Management and Operations, exhibiting substantive knowledge of administrative functions, procedures and responsibilities.
- Identifies problem areas and makes recommendations as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Is fully conversant with Office of Freight Management and Operations programmatic functions and effectively and efficiently routes incoming correspondence (e.g., email, regular mail, faxes) to the appropriate staff member.
- Stays abreast of office supplies and other equipment needs and proactively orders and stocks needed items.
- Coordinates the routine administrative work of the Office of Freight Management and Operations with the other Offices in the Office of Operations (HOP), ensuring that HOP deadlines are met.
- Works in a team environment and maintains a positive working environment with administrative support staff of the other Office of Operations Offices to ensure complete administrative support/coverage for the Office of Operations.