About the Agency
This position is located in the Finance and Accounting Division, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Justice Programs. The incumbent performs professional accounting duties, which include analysis of financial reports; recording transaction data for the automated financial management information system; review and reconciliation of accounting data; and compilation/production of audited financial statements.
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=UTLAD
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Validates a variety of accounting data that is entered into schedules and accounts. Analyzes and reconciles accounts and prepares balance sheets. Makes adjustments as required. Analyzes cost accounting reports, status of fund reports, and other financial reports for the preparation of summary statements and reports and proposes solutions and alternatives to problem areas.
Examines, interprets, and records accounting data, records, and reports pertaining to multiple accounts within one or more accounting systems or subsystems.
Administers, controls, evaluates, and reviews financial activity relative to appropriated fund accounts designated for allotment fund control, reconciliation of the general ledger balances to source documents, internal and external reporting, preparation of annual financial statements, and monthly transmission of the trial balance.