Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Groton, CT View Map
CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
UNDERSTUDY AUTHORITY: The understudy will be appointed at the lower grade than the target position and will not assume full performance level duties or be promoted to the full target potential until the target position is vacated (not applicable if the understudy currently holds the same grade as the target position). The understudy period will not exceed 120 days.
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide overall direction and coordination of subordinate work activities and functions which, because of their scope, volume and complexity are carried out by two or more organizational segments and layers, possibly during two or more shifts. Control and management of the work functions requires several subordinate supervisors. The occupation and non-supervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.