About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will serve as the Deputy Assistant Manager for Procurement and Contracts, planning, directing, and implementing the acqusition and financial assistance activities.
This announcement is being extended to correct an error in the closing date. The revised closing date is July 16, 2014.
As the Deputy Assistant Manager for Procurement and Contracts, you will:
- Execute contracts and financial assistance awards on behalf of the government within delegated authority,
- Suppport the Assistant Manager in the development of local procedures and standards,
- Furnish advice to customers on matters pertaining to contract and financial assistance policies and procedures,
- Serve as Source Evaluation Board Chair for sensitive, critical, and/or high dollar value procurements,
- Direct Oak Ridge Office small and minority business programs,
- Serve as the permanent member of the ORO Contract and Financial Assistance Review Board, and
- Share responsibility for the management of the Office of Procurement and Contracts, including providing the full range of supervisory functions for the staff.