About the Agency
Division: Washington Field Office
Location: Washington, DC
Working Hours: Monday - Friday (8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
*Occasional travel is required.
GS 11 - $63,091.00 - $82,019.00
GS 12 - $75,621.00 - $98,305.00
Physical Demands: The work is performed primarily in a standing or sitting position, but can involve carrying of heavy equipment, stooping, crouching, crawling, and kneeling as required to achieve the desired results.
Work Environment: The work is performed in a laboratory setting or in an office setting. Assignments also involve working outdoors in weather conditions, which are occasionally extreme. Work may also be under conditions which are potentially dangerous.
- Performs a complex range of criminal and investigative photography involving the most complex surveillance, crime scene and aerial assignments.
- Installs, modifies, and adapts photographic equipment techniques and processes with regard to new and unprecedented situations.
- Operates highly specialized and sophisticated camera equipment, some specifically developed and/or adapted for criminal and investigative photography.
- Develops and processes all types of photographs relating to criminal, investigative and public relations matters.
- Performs complex surveillance photography wherein sophisticated equipment such as concealment and light amplification devices are used.
- Performs crime scene and aerial photography in a variety of environmental conditions requiring calculation of proper exposure and focus.
- Conducts on site photographic surveys to determine the equipment necessary to complete the assignment and achieve desired results.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel will be required.