Minimum Qualifications for the GS-07 Grade Level: To qualify for this position at the GS-05 level, you must meet ONE of the requirements below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes but is not limited to the following:
- Providing guidance and assistance to employees and managers on a full range of administrative functions.
- Reviewing current procedures for internal processing of administrative work and recommending improvements to work flow and efficiency.
- Assisting in phases of budget formulation, execution, and administration.
- Serving as a liaison for a wide range of human resources issues.
- Assisting managers and staff with procurement and contracting issues, procedures, regulations, and alternatives.(This experience must be clearly demonstrated in your resume).
Education: One full academic year of graduate level education in finance, business administration, accounting, public administration, or other closely related field. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one year of full-time study. If that information cannot be determined; one year will be defined as 18 semester hours. (NOTE: You must submit copies of your transcripts if using education to qualify).
Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GS-7 grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting or other closely related field and meet one of the following:
- A grade point average of "B" (a GPA of 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
- A grade point average of "B+" (a GPA of 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in your major field of study, or those courses in your major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.
- Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
- Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. **If more than 10 percent of your courses were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honorary society** (NOTE: You must submit copies of your transcripts if using education to qualify)
Combination: You may qualify for this position if you have a percentage of the specialized experience described above and a percentage of the graduate education described above such that when the two percentages are added together, they total at least 100 percent. To determine your combination, first compute your experience as a percentage of the experience listed above; then determine your education as a percentage of the education listed above; then add the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent. (NOTE: You must submit copies of your transcripts if using education to qualify)
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may affect your eligibility. If selected providing inaccurate information on federal documents could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully.