CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS), East Granby, CT 06026
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as a distribution assistant, which provides technical expertise and support relating to the movement of equipment, supplies, and personnel for both peacetime and wartime.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in managing, directing, developing, planning and analyzing deployment and distribution management programs.
- Determines the most appropriate, efficient and economical transportation services IAW applicable cargo movement directives.
- Conducts dispatch operations through planning and scheduling of vehicle operations resources to meet transportation support requirements.
- Administers installation driver qualification and licensing program.
- Functions as a technical advisor to all statewide and base operating officials on matters dealing with commercial movement of personnel and cargo.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability