In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: maintaining medical records; answering phones; and inputting medical data into automated systems, such as CHCS and AHLTA. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the below Selective Placement Factor:
A qualified typist is required for this position.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Medical Records
- Skill in customer service
- Ability to provide administrative support
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
4 years of above high school
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
One year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a ANACI security clearance.
This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccination.
This position has a mandatory Tuberculosis testing requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire)
will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking
for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions
may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a
Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in
writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you
may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career
Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional
information about the program is on OPM's
Career Transition Resources website.