CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is located within the National Maintenance Project (NMP) and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform sheetmetal maintenance on aircraft and components.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects aircraft and determines nature and extent of repairs to be made using applicable TMs as guidelines.
- Troubleshoots aircraft structural repair situations in such areas as fuselage, tail, wings, cowlings and stabilizers.
- Aligns component structures and airframe using precision optical measuring instruments, plumline and level.
- Performs fabrication of local manufactured items required for facility support.
- Sets up and operates power shears, brakes, and rolls, dimpling machines, drill presses, saws, heat-treating furnaces, hardness testers and other metal working equipment, including use of all hand tools of the trade.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability