The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
If you have experience as an Administrative Officer, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Administrative Research and Support Branch (ARSB).
As an Administrative Officer, you will perform administrative functions for the National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Your duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as advisor to assigned program areas in support of the following administrative services: finance, budget, human resources, procurement, facilities, property, safety, space and contracts management.
- Review and interpret regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
- Provide information to program areas on administrative matters.
- Assist in developing annual operating budget submissions.
- Develop and prepare program statement, justifications and background documents for use in defending position on such matters as budget, personnel, travel, space, procurement and the IRTA and Visiting Program.
- Advise staff in the preparation of requisitions and justifications for non competitive procurement.
- Analyze foreign and domestic travel, advise laboratories and branches in the preparation of required foreign travel notification memos, sponsored travel, travel orders, meetings and conferences.
- Control and monitor travel ceilings, approve travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Occasional Travel
- For training