About the Agency
This position is located in the Division of Grants and Agreements, office of Budget, Finance and Award Management (BFA). The Division of grants and Agreements (DGA) at the National Science Foundation (NSF) annually provides assistance to a wide range of scientific program divisions in their development of funding solicitations, and the selection and development of grant and cooperative agreement funding mechanisms. DGA also is responsible for the ongoing award oversight, including monitoring through desk review and on-site review processes.
The Grants Management Specialist serves as a Grants Administrator overseeing, managing, analyzing, and processing grants and cooperative, interagency and other agreement actions to provide program support to one of several DGA teams. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves as Grants and Agreement Officer Level I or II with authority to obligate funds, issue awards and amendments, and obligate or approve awardee actions on behalf of NSF.
- Manages and administers a variety of post award and no-fund grant and agreement actions such as no cost extensions, change of PI/Co-PI long-term absences, and subaward approvals.
- Manages review of new awardee/new performer packages, involving communication with awardee institutions and analysis of materials submitted.
- Reviews and screens proposals and recommended actions forwarded from NSF program offices for completeness and conformity to the applicable statutes, policies and guidelines.
- Serves as an important portfolio collaborator and facilitator, attending numerous team and branch meetings, participating in special projects, and working collaboratively with other team members to address spikes in workload, complex issues, highly specialized circumstances, or those lacking precedents.