About the Agency
Division: Critical Incident Response Group
Unit: National Assets Response
Location: Quantico, Virginia
Working Hours : 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
GS 12: $75,621 - $98,305
GS 13 $89,924 - $116,901
- Responds to incidents involving hazardous materials (HAZMATs) and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
- Assists and provides input for assigned incidents and training exercises. Provides input regarding the HAZMAT/WMD, its potential threat. Assists in providing for the safety of law enforcement personnel and the security of critical forensic evidence.
- Implements operational strategies and contingency plans for site management and during assigned HAZMAT training exercises.
- Provides liaison with local emergency responders and coordinates the provision of outside resources, as needed. As required, supervises the establishment of hot and warm zone perimeters. Implements and supervises safety procedures, including monitoring for hazardous conditions, the use of appropriate protective gear, procedures for entering and exiting the hot zone, and contamination procedures.
- Coordinates with medical personnel to assure safety of personnel on-site. Provides Advanced Life Support care to response personnel in WMD crime scenes and austere environments.
- Provides recommendations to assist in the development of standard operating procedures. Serves as a course manager,facilitator or training instructor for assigned courses, exercises, conferences or conferences or workshops.