About the Agency
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
This position is located at naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Naval Systems Engineering directorate (SEA05); Integrated Warfare Systems Engineering Group (SEA05H) and you will direct and coordinate work efforts, discuss requirements, resolve problems and provide technical and programmatic guidance, expertise and consultation type service to government and private organizations on research, design, engineering, development, integration, acquisition, production fleet introduction, life cycle support and disposal of the communication network systems on ships or submarines.
As the General Engineer/Network Engineer you will be responsible for a variety of duties with these being the major duties:
- Provide engineering solutions to project engineers or government activiteis on the development of engineering processes relative to communication network systems for surface ships, submarines, or major ship systems
- Provide technical advice or guidance to multi discipline engineers with reference to technical risks including identification, documentation or alternate solution tracking for mitigation
- Coordinate interaction among organizations, laboratories, field activities or contractors to develop or implement standard engineering processes relative to afloat/shipboard communication network systems development, integration or testing
- Oversee and execute working level/technical reviews to ensure they are conducted in a timely manner, aligned to program progression and milestone with appropriate criteria and artifacts are being utilized
- Prepare written responses to inquiries to justify actions or decision or provide resolutions to communication network systems issues