The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
If you are an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable and motivated individual, with contract award and administration, negotiation, and procurement experience AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), Office of Management (OM), Office of Acquisitions (OA).
This position is a R&D contracting position but may provide backup in Simplified Acquisitions and Station Support.
If selected for this position, you will:
- Perform specialized and complex contract award and contract administration work;
- Serve as a Contract Specialist (CS) with authority for acquisition planning, preparation of price/cost analyses, formulation of negotiation strategies, and negotiation for complex R&D contracts
- Serve as a backup contract specialist in Simplified Acquisitions and Station Support contracts;
- Ensure that acquisitions are processed consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other appropriate regulations;
- Perform procurement planning to develop objectives for competition and price range;
- Conduct policy research, analysis, interpretation and/or review of contract actions for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Occasional Travel
- For training