About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will serve as the Assistant Manager for Procurement and Contracts, planning, directing, and implementing the acqusition and financial assistance activities.
This is an excepted service position. This appointment will not confer Competitive Service career-conditional or career tenure status. This means if you are selected, you would have to compete with other applicants in open competition to meet requirements for another federal position, unless you meet the requirements for reinstatement. DOE employees who voluntarily convert from the competitive service, Senior Executive Service, or other pay systems to a non-time limited appointment under this excepted service authority are not afforded "fallback rights" to a pay system previously assigned prior to conversion.
As the Assistant Manager for Procurement and Contracts, you will:
- Execute contracts and financial assistance awards on behalf of the government within delegated authority,
- Participate, as a member of senior management, in the development of local procedures and standards,
- Furnish advice to customers on matters pertaining to contract and financial assistance policies and procedures,
- Serve as Source Evaluation Board Chair for sensitive, critical, and/or high dollar value procurements,
- Direct Oak Ridge Office small and minority business programs,
- Serve as the permanent Chair of the ORO Contract and Financial Assistance Review Board, and
- Manage the Office of Procurement and Contracts, including providing the full range of supervisory functions for the staff.