Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!!
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS), Management Services Directorate, IT Business Unit. The Office of Community Oriented Policing Services is the office of the U.S. Department of Justice that advances the practice of community policing in Americas state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies. The COPS Office does its work principally by sharing information and making grants to police departments around the United States.
If you wish to be considered under merit procedures please see vacancy announcement COPS-14-1138036(DC)MPP.
If selected for this position, you will serve as the COP's Office technical expert on information technology and business application processes. Typical work assignments include:
· Serves as the COPS Offices technical expert on information technology and business application processes
· Develops enterprise-wide guidelines on how to best apply technology standards in creating business applications.
· Interprets and applies government-wide and industry best practices when developing the COPS Offices business standards.
· Develops effective working relationships with COPS and Department of Justice business units and/or components, in addition to IT vendors and other Federal agencies.
· Identifies standards for configuration management and control processes.
· Communicates effectively through oral presentations, briefings, meetings and discussions with senior level staff throughout the Agency.
· Serves as Contracting Officers Representative and provides advice and direction to contractual staff.
· Provides expert technical advice and guidance to senior management in the appropriate application of technology to enhance the COPS Offices/DOJs mission and programs.