About the Agency
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a Lease Management Specialist, you will be responsible for managing a leased building inventory and administering GSA lease contracts for assigned buildings.
One position is located in the Public Buildings Service, Service Centers Division, New York, NY. The other is located in the Public Buildings Service, Service Centers Division, Newark, NJ. This office is responsible for providing space for federal customers either in federally-owned facilities or through the acquisition of leasehold interest.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
-Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
-Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
-Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and
health care needs.
-Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
-Flexible work schedules and telework
- Serves as the primary customer agency advocate and first GSA point of contact with client agency personnel in designated buildings within the GSA inventory.
- Interacts extensively with tenants and client agencies representatives on a recurring basis to assess the facility and service needs, ensuring those needs are being met or exceeded, and to assure that the procedures used to obtain services are responsive and customer focused.
- Serves as a Contracting Officers Representative, provides contract administration and lease management services to ensure that lessors comply with the scope terms and conditions of the lease.
- Independently investigates complaints received from tenant agencies, property managers or others, as related to bona fide complaints, interprets lease provisions to ensure equity for the government and lessor.
- Serves as a project manager for projects under the simplified acquisition threshold in lease spaces, oversees the management of repair and alteration projects, retrofit, and into office and relocation moves.
- Occasional Travel
- Occassional travel may be required.