About the Agency
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a Building Management Specialist, you will serve as Assistant Building Manager and provide occupants of Federal Government buildings with safe, secure, clean, and sustainable facilities in which to conduct agency business. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving customer and client agency satisfaction with building services, maintaining and preserving the real property assets, maintaining or lowering operational costs, and ensuring the provision of quality facility-related services. This position is located in the Public Buildings Service, Eastern Service Center, in Richland, Washington.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
At this time we are only filling one vacancy, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1410055KCMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
- Assists Building Manager with building operations, maintenance, repair, alteration, historic preservation, recycling, concessions, safety, environmental and security in GSA-owned and leased buildings.
- As GSA's customer service representative for assigned buildings, develops and promotes positive working relationships with customer agencies and client personnel, and maintains continuous liaison with building tenants and top management officials of customer agencies and tenants at facilities managed.
- Assists Building Manager with meetings with tenant agency representatives to determine if existing space allocations and level of building services provided are adequate and consistent with individual agency's current and projected operational needs and program requirements.
- Assists the Building Manager in managing the contracting and leasing administration process as needed on behalf of tenant agencies and GSA.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.