TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
POSITION WILL BE FILLED SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is located in Office of Administration, Arlington VA.
The incumbent will be performing the following duties:
· Leading a team of employees engaged in analyzing and overseeing program and complex financial programs.
· Providing program leadership, establish goals, objectives and advise management on the status of work and program accomplishments.
· Providing guidance and expert technical advice on budgetary and accounting practices and techniques to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
· Analyzing, evaluating and reviewing program issues, financial data and reports using business tools and applications.
· Applying fiscal laws, policies, regulations, principles standards and procedures to financial management activities.
· Organizing and presenting monthly and quarterly reports and conduct reviews to ensure obligations and payments are accurately reported in the financial management system.
· Monitoring and reporting on team progress, provides assistance, guidance and training on all aspects of financial management.
· Notifying management of trends toward over-or-under obligation of funds and participates in meetings to provide advice on regulatory requirements, financial policies, program improvement through analysis of program operations and reports.
· Conducting specialized studies and consolidates data from the program.