This position is located in the Western District of Texas - El Paso, TX
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative and clerical support duties. The work requires knowledge of USMS forms and procedures for criminal and/or civil processing, file management, database management, etc.
- Receives, reviews, coordinates, maintains, monitors, and records a variety of civil/criminal case actions.
- Initiates all necessary documentation to complete the enforcement of the action.
- Verifies accuracy and institutes actions requested.
- Resolves problems found in documentation and notifies the submitting office or entity of the discrepancies.
- Coordinates with the Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Probation Offices and USMS offices nationwide in the designation and transportation of prisoners.
- Maintains automated civil case records and register of collections, uncollected accounts, and cases sent to other districts for service.
- Compiles, computes, reconciles and balances civil accounting records.
- Assists private attorneys and U.S. Attorneys.