Job Title:Administrative Support Assistant (OA)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:U.S. Marshals Service
Job Announcement Number:CK1146593CB
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, June 27, 2014 to
Thursday, July 3, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
El Paso, TX View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
This position is located in the Western District of Texas - El Paso, TX
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative and clerical support duties. The work requires knowledge of USMS forms and procedures for criminal and/or civil processing, file management, database management, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Must pass a pre-employment security investigation and drug screening.
- A one year trial/probationary period may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Minimum Qualifications: Must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 level of the Federal Service which demonstrates experience in establishing and maintaining files in accordance with established procedures and retention regulations, preparing recurring reports, and responding to questions from inside and outside the agency concerning civil and criminal actions. This experience includes creating and modifying data within existing spreadsheets, collecting and reporting data from databases and spreadsheets, editing the formatting, alignment, and graphs of documents created in word-processing software.
Typing Requirement: In order to be eligible for this position, you must certify that you are able to type at least 40 words per minute with 3 or fewer errors.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to follow administrative procedures.
- Skill in utilizing office automation equipment and various software packages.
- Skill in providing administrative support for civil and criminal actions.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.