CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Maintenance Group (MXG), East Granby, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling.
- Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment.
- May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention.
- Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required.
- Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability