Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The salary range listed above is the base salary for GS-05 through GS-07. Respective location salary ranges can be found here.
As a Consumer Safety Officer in the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Regional Food & Drug Director, District Office, you will work with and assist senior Consumer Safety Officers in the performance of a wide range of inspectional and investigational assignments requisite to carrying out the missions and functional responsibilities of an FDA field office.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Conduct inspectional assignments to assess compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and efficacy of quality controls.
- Collects samples and conducts field exams.
- Accompanies senior Consumer Safety Officers in the conduct of more complex inspections and investigations.
- Investigates routine consumer complaints and assists Consumer Safety Officers in the investigation of unusual consumer complaints.
- Prepares reports on inspections/investigations for review and evaluation.
- Provides testimony in court regarding the conditions of the manufacturer and the circumstances surrounding the collected samples.
- 50% or Greater
- Domestic and International