CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is located within the National Maintenance Project (NMP) and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the Electronics Mechanic is to to perform repair, maintenance, modification, overhaul and installation of complex electronic systems and/or a portion of a complete electronic integrate system involving work on a number of subsystems but not requiring the integration of all operable subsystems into a functional integrated system.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs, and modifies complete operational systems consisting of numerous complex integral components.
- Completes operational checks, inspections, tests and troubleshooting of line replaceable units (LRU).
- Completes bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units.
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates materiel deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status Orders, serves as member of flight crew for the purpose of diagnosing and recording malfunctions, or otherwise determining maintenance and repair requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability