CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is located within TASMG Projects and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to perform repair, maintenance, modification, overhaul and installation of a variety of moderately complex electronics equipment.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Repairs, inspects, maintains, modifies, overhauls and installs a variety of avionics electronics equipment of moderate complexity of design, construction, and function.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and troubleshoots components, assemblies or subassemblies.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status Orders, serves as member of flight crew for the purpose of diagnosing and recording malfunctions, or otherwise determining maintenance and repair requirements.
- Processes and accounts for due-in supply assets.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Evaluations (ORE), Command Logistics Readiness Inspections (CLRT-X), and Aviation Resource Management Surveys.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability